EL CIvics Education and Training Opportunities 147C
Brief Information about the Unit: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1nsQheTUwTCuTVNSQCZrlraA36_poeOKFf9rpdKocfKc/edit?usp=sharing
Overall Unit Goal: Identify educational opportunities and reseach education/training required to acheive a career goal.
Task 1 Test: Week 3 or 4
Task 3 Test: Week 5 or 6
More resources can be found below and here:
EL Civics Transition to College Unit #49
Presentations or Links to Web Pages
- Describing Work, Jobs, Employment Fields & Titles (Looking for a Job, On the Job)
- Describing Duties,Tasks & Responsibilities at Work
- The Job Search (in progress)
Job Priorities & Benefits (not available)
- Ohlone Career Center
- Resume (in progress)
- Kinds of Interviews
- Common Interview Questions
- Describing your use of technology
- Technology Use Questions Only
- US Education System
- Pathways to Higher Education /Ed Unit #49
- Job Search Writing: Inquiry & Cover Letter, Thank You Note (not available)
- Computers and Technology
- Career and Technical Training at FACE
- Upwardly Global
- Bridges to Jobs
- Employment EL Civics Links
- Note there are many Employment resources in the menu on the left)
- We will be using the employment applications.
- ALL EL Civics Web Resources List
Some Ideas - Opportunities - Not updated recently
- Career Resource List: Accounting
- Job, Education or Training: Caregiver & Healthcare
- Job, Education or Training: Fashion
- Job, Education or Training: Teacher - Instructional Aid
Student Learning Objectives for Employment
- Analyze and evaluate descriptions of job duties, wages, and benefits.
- *Complete a job application.
- *Demonstrate successful job interview techniques.
- *Identify job titles, responsibilities, and places of employment, and wages associated with jobs.
- Identify personal strengths, weaknesses, skills and past work experience.
- I know common job titles and related job duties. (content)
- I can describe, orally and in writing, common job titles and related job duties. (skill)
- I know vocabulary and phrases to interact with hiring managers/employers. (content)
- I can interact with hiring managers/employers orally and in writing. (skill)
- I know how to describe and demonstrate my computer skills. (content)