College Preparation Early Childhood Studies (ECS) Program
Prep for success before enrolling at Ohlone! Only 30 students will be admitted.
The Early Childhood Studies (ECS) Preparatory Course at FACE will prepare students for success in college level work at Ohlone College in the Early Childhood Education (ECE) program and careers.
Two sessions offered:
- Winter/Spring: January to March ECE Spring 2018 Flyer
- Fall: Sept to November
In this course, you will
- Gain an understanding of child development guidelines and appropriate teaching practices
- Build reading, writing, and work skills
- Gain foundation vocabulary
- Develop computer and study skills
- And much more
ABE, ASE and ESL students of High Intermediate ESL level or above are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to enroll in the ECE Prep Class at Fremont Adult and Continuing Education (FACE), you must come to FACE for the Placement Testing, Interview, Registration and Orientation (3 hours) on one of these dates:
For Spring 2018 Program application process, please attend one of these sessions:
- Saturday, Dec. 9th at 8:30 a.m. Room 21 (3 hours)
- Monday, Dec. 11th at 6:30 p.m. Room 21 (3 hours)
Example Fall Enrollment Sessions:
- Monday August 22 6:30 p.m. Room 21 or
- Saturday September 10 at 8:30 a.m. Room 4
We strongly recommend attending the first session as the class may be filled after that date. Only 30 students will be admitted.
- 12 week course, 60 hours total
- 2-½ hours, two times (2X) a week (5 hours a week total)
- January 9 - March 29, 2018 Night class (7 - 9:30 pm)
- Fall Afternoon class (12:15-2:45) To be confirmed
- We have free childcare here @ FACE available at these times (Free babysitting for 2–11-year-old children is provided while parents are in class.) Childcare space is limited - first come, first served!
- May include some homework. No official grades.
- FREE here at FACE
Email the following information to: email@example.com
ECS Class Interest Information Needed
- Your Name (first and last as registered at Fremont Adult School or New Haven, Newark)
- Your Phone #
- Your Email
- Current Program: ABE / GED / HS
- English Level: ABE / GED / HS /
- Current Teacher name(s)
- ECS Time Preferred: AFT / EVE (Afternoon or Evening)
- ECS Session preferred: Spring / Fall
- Childcare needs
- Any other important information
English as a Second
Language (ESL) Office
M - F
M - F
7:30 am to 1:00 pm
2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
This class is a project of the South Alameda County Consortium (SACC) funded by AEBG - the Adult Education Block Grant.
More at http://aebg.cccco.edu. Fremont Adult and Continuing Education (FACE) www.face.edu
Link to Presentation about this Program
Link to Ohlone Information
Link to Consortium Information
- www.childdevelopment.org Project of South Alameda County Consortium
Information Flyer Spring 2017 (Class over. This is an example.)